The Eagle Theatre owes a great deal of its success to the many volunteers who give generously of their time and skills. Individuals interested in helping out in some capacity are welcome to contact our Theatre Manager, Scott Van Pelt, at the phone number below. Even if you aren’t exactly sure how you might be able to best be involved, we encourage you to reach out to us.
A great way to start volunteering with the theatre is through performances and events. Ushers and concessions volunteers are an integral part of our front of house staff, and these volunteers are always guaranteed a seat at the performance for which they assist. For more information about Front of House volunteers, please see the details below.
If you are interested in lending your skills to help the theatre, or simply looking to provide a helping hand at an event, please contact us at:
- Ushers and concessions volunteers should plan to arrive one hour prior to the scheduled start start of the performance.
- Before the performance, volunteers will assist with preparation of the house and concessions area under the direction of the House Manager.
- Once doors for seating open, ushers will assume their positions at the door, and will take tickets and distribute programs.
- During intermission, ushers will distribute and collect audience surveys.
- After the show, ushers and concessions volunteers will assist in straightening the house and lobby area.
- Volunteering is typically a 3 hour time commitment, though this may vary depending on the performance running time.
Dress Code and Decorum
- All volunteers are expected to wear business-casual black attire. Men should wear black dress pants and a black collared shirt; women should wear a black skirt, dress, blouse, or professional suit.
- During events, our Front of House staff is the face of our organization. A professional, friendly demeanor is necessary to ensure our patrons have the most positive experience possible. If you have any questions during a performance, please see the House Manager, who will be available at all times.
- Volunteer positions are unpaid, though you will be given one complimentary seat to the performance for which you volunteer. If you require documentation of your hours, please see the House Manager.
Volunteer Orientation Sessions
Throughout the year, the Eagle Theatre holds Volunteer Orientation Sessions. During these events, the Theatre Manager will share more in-depth information about volunteer opportunities, the theatre history and mission, and the upcoming season. While attendance at these sessions is not mandatory in order to volunteer, interested individuals are encouraged to attend one of them if possible. The next Volunteer Orientation Session will be announced shortly, so please check back soon for more information.